Procedures Guide

The Procedures guide allows entrepreneurs and decision-makers to have a reliable, precise and up to date overview of legal procedures and measures concerning commercial formalities to be undertaken. It is broken down into 6 sections in which you can find information and documentation required for formalities with Registry Offices at the Commercial Courts.

Resignation of a joint manager of a private limited company (SARL)

The completed file allowing for the modifying formality in the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) linked to the resignation of a co-manager of an SARL must be filed within the month following such event (Article R. 123-66 of the Commercial Code): either

  • at the competent Commercial Formality Centre (CFE); or
  • directly at the registry office of the commercial courtin application of Article R. 123-5 of the Commercial Code (procedure known as "Article 3" of Decree No. 96-650 of 19 July 1996).

Preliminary steps

Publish a notice of modification in a journal of legal announcements.

Documents to be attached

Legal instruments to be produced by annex to the RCS

A copy of the legal instrument of the SARL setting forth the resignation of the co-manager, certified as conforming by the remaining manager.

Supporting documents

The duly completed and signed M3 SARL-SELARL printed forms.

The power of attorney of the remaining manager if such did not sign the M3 SARL-SELARL forms.

A certificate of publication of the notice of modification in a journal of legal announcements.


Attach a cheque for 205.50 euros

Cheques must be made payable to the relevant GREFFE DU TRIBUNAL DE COMMERCE, and attached to the application.

Cost breakdown for this formality

Registry office fees (including filing fees: €7.80)








Registry office fees: postage fees of extracts included. INPI: National institute of industrial property (paid by the registry office). BODACC: Bulletin Officiel des Annonces Civiles et Commerciales (Official Journal of Civil and Commercial Announcements) (paid by the registry office).